Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Most Rewarding Part of Vegetable Gardening-The Harvest

It's August already and I've waited patiently all summer for the chance to harvest these beautiful, delectable vegetables! There are not many more rewards for me than to be able to walk out to my vegetable garden and pick organic vegetables to feed myself and my family. As I began gathering this morning, I was so giddy inside to see a rainbow of colors...so I snapped a few shots to share. From left to right: A sampling of herbs (sweet basil, flat-leaf Italian parsley, purple ruffles basil),"Green Zebra" tomato (a new heirloom for me this year), "Purple Cherokee" (new heirloom for me this year), "Viva Italia" Roma tomato, "Celebrity" tomato, "Black Cherry" (new heirloom for me this year), "Sunsugar" tomato, "Green Gem" zucchini, & "Big Bertha" bell pepper

Another angle of my cornicopia of veggies

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful harvest photographs. They would make good church bulletin covers
    nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right- the most rewarding part of gardening is the harvest time. It will always makes me feel happy and thankful to have a plentiful harvest.

    Great shots! More harvest to come.

    Cassy from Acoustic Guitar Lessons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a gorgeous bounty! The colors are so rich and pretty. I can imagine they taste even better than they look.

    I'm sorry to hear about your trials this summer Ramona. I hope you'll have sunnier days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Ramona. Almost too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn @ Carolyn's Shade GardensSeptember 5, 2011 at 8:38 AM

    I really think there is nothing more beautiful than vegetables in all their amazing colors and forms. You have captured it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. what a harvest. You should be most proud of your effort this season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did the Cherokee Purple tomato as well and love it. Except one time my sister was over and she thought the tomato was rotten because it was so dark.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post. Every major health organization recommends eating five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables per day to maintain health. Your diet list is perfect for health.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look incredible! What are you planning on planting for this years crop?

    russfrederico.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete